We all know, Easter is the most important holiday during the year, for us adults and especially for children. For families with children struggling with serious or incurable illnesses, Easter can be a burden, because an illness always comes with huge expenses for medicines, periodic medical check-ups, trips to the hospital, daily expenses for diapers, special creams, medical equipment and many other specific needs, to which are added the expenses necessary for the family’s daily living.
These are the reasons why, in 2022, we launched the “I Am the Bunny of Hope” project. We want, that every year, before Easter, to bring joy and hope where suffering has been present for too long and, together with you #GoodPeople, to give them the much-awaited gifts of the Bunny. We know that many children ask their parents not WHAT they will get, but IF they will get it, so we want to send them the message that they are not alone in their struggle and that every child deserves to receive a gift, especially at Easter.
In 2022, 132 children with oncological conditions or other serious diseases, as well as their siblings, received gifts, from all corners of the country (Bucharest, Braila, Galați, Fetești, Călărași, Craiova, Timișoara, Baia Mare, Vaslui, Suceava, Focșani, Medgidia, Constanta, Cluj). Where we could not reach, we had the support of our dear volunteers or sent by courier.
The bunny also arrived loaded with goodies to 45 grandparents from a care center for seniors in Brăila. They couldn’t pass these holidays without us making sure that they also spend them properly.
- The Bunny’s gift list looks like this:
- sweets (any sweets + bunnies & chocolate eggs)
- coloring books and colored pencils
- story books
- toys (educational & plush)
- spring / summer clothes
- spring / summer shoes
- hygiene products (shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste & toothbrush)
- cozonac (sweet bread)
How can you help?
• buy a gift as if it were for your dear child or grandchild, make it a joy when it is opened by the hands of an excited child and send it to our headquarters (Brăila, Str. Magaziilor no. 1A, Brăila county).
• donate money here https://marinusgalbenus.ro/donez/, with the mention “Easter gift”, anyway we are going shopping too, to get one, another.
• you have a group of #good colleagues, you can do a gift collection campaign #together, as well as if you are a bunch of good friends. Where there are many the power of good increases, right?
• schools and kindergartens can encourage their students to participate in this gift collection campaign, together with their parents, by organizing various internal events. Trust children, they know the best way to help another child.
• you manage a company, you can donate products from the list, and based on the sponsorship contract, you can deduct your expenses from the profit/income tax. You do good and the “pocket” does not lose money.